Sunday, September 11, 2011

Thrift Store Confidential, tricks of

Thrift Store Confidential

Food for Thought......
Looking for the best thrift bargains right now? Want to avoid buying thrift store merchandise you can't resell for a profit on okay? This cinema-inspiredguide (because I live near and frequent Hollywood)will take you up and down the thrift store aisles ,detailing my years of experiences shopping thrift. In my case, on the treasure hunt for antique and rare books, vintage designer clothing and accessories, designer costume jewelry, and what ever collectibleis hot or about tobe!Check this Guidefor 1)Props- great thrift stores I've shopped, with locations, 2)Action- HotThrift items to scout and list on okay right this minute. 3)Scenes -The Many Secrets to successful shopping, and4)Flops -what not to buy.
Props: Take a Bow: The Assistance League thrift stores of So. California (Newport Beach, Escondido, Encinitas). The Assistance League is a charity that funds worthy causes chosen by its members. Over the past decade, I've visited 3 of these stores in my general area. All 3 thrift stores offered quality, and in many cases, upscale items - furniture, art, collectibles, great vintage costume jewelry - but at modest, even reasonable prices. One example: I bought a stack of 1940s clothing patterns for $.10 each and later resold, one by one,for a hefty profit. If I'd wanted to spend more, I could have purchased Roseville, fine pearl jewelry, or Asian art. I think of them as Antique stores without the attitude: Upscale merchandise (no odor, usually) atgreat prices. The Assistance League is national. If any AL stores are in your vicinity, check them out!
Action: I'm going out today to look for Polaroid cameras. I would hurry up and find some, if I were you.The gepany announced yesterday that they were scrapping camera production. I've seen many different Polaroid models in the past, thrown into the mix of disposable

No comments:

Post a Comment